CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

8/16/2010

Recipe Dump

Well, hello again! Has it really been more than a month since I was last here to write (and now a week since I first started writing this post)? I guess you could say, we've been a little busy.

Anyways, I have been trying new recipes, as usual, but have come across a few worth mentioning. So, put your aprons on and get ready.

First off, a simple Lemon Chicken Marinade I found online. Do you think I could go back and find the actual recipe again. Nope. I usually save recipes I try before closing out of them on the computer, but neglected to do so this time. I did jot down the ingredients, but not how many pounds of chicken one recipe will cover-maybe 2 pounds.

The recipe includes the following ingredients:
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
4 Tbsp. Olive Oil
2 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
3 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp. Pepper

Mix the above ingredients together and place in ziplock bag, along with boneless skinless chicken pieces, and allow to marinade for at least 1 hour.

So easy, and so good.

The next two recipes are taken from my new favorite food blog, Annie's Eats. I have tried several of this gals recipes, and have enjoyed each one of them.

First off, I tried her recipe for hamburger buns. While they were much like your standard dinner roll, they were good. Not sure I would use them with regular hamburgers again, but we have had them several times, using her chicken salad recipe, and have really liked them that way.

The first time I made the chicken salad recipe I was using up leftover chicken that had been marinaded in the first recipe I shared in this post, which tasted amazing. The next time I used simple grilled chicken that had just been salted and peppered, and found it less flavorful.






Tonight for dinner we are trying Annie's Teriyaki Burgers. If the fruit salsa says anything, it's going to be good.

1 comments:

Dana said...

Thanks for the update!! It all looks and sounds great!