CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

6/17/2008

Father's Day Weekend

This past weekend was full of fun and celebration. It all began on Friday when Jason and I went on a date to the mariners game. Jason's boss handed him the tickets on Wednesday, and who could turn down a chance to get out together, even if to a baseball game. It does seem to be becoming a tradition to go on dates to sporting events. We are handed some sonics tickets by another boss of Jason's a few months ago. I must add that even if the Sonics were sticking around, we would not be doing that again only because it was way too loud and I don't care too much for the squeak squeak of basketball.

The Mariners game was fun, and we had really great seats-on the second level, but still pretty good. My parents had the boys and had offered to keep them both over night, which was such a treat. It is always a little strange for me to be at home and have no children.

We were able to sleep in till just before 8am on Saturday, which was also a special treat. Jason had to head out to do some work, which left just me , alone, in my own house-no music, no talking, no noise, no crying, no noise! It was short lived, but still very refreshing.

For dinner Saturday, I decided, very last minute, to grill up the steaks that I had bought earlier on in the week. It turned in to our pre- Father's Day dinner, which I think I can safely say, Jason enjoyed.

For Father's Day we went to my parents house along with all of Jason's family. It sure is a Blessing that our families enjoy being around each other. We had a great afternoon with everyone, and Jason was even able to slip in a little Sunday afternoon snooze.

The boys and I got Jason a hammock post to replace the tree that we lost two winter's ago. Now Jason will be able to use his hammock again, once he is able to install the post. Isn't it great that I gave him something he cannot use until he puts in some time making it usable, ah well.

I think we did away with the saying, "Mother's day weekend...father's day half hour", because that was one full weekend spent doing things all for our daddy!

I will have to share pictures another day, as we are currently experiencing slight technical difficulties with our camera.

0 comments: