Yesterday we had a large family from church over for Sunday dinner, which was lots of fun, but now I have leftovers, lots of them. I am hoping that maybe someone might have a thought or two on what I might do with mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, and beef chuck roast, besides shepherds pie, as it is not a favorite amongst everyone in the family.
Help!
7/14/2008
Any Thoughts?
Posted by Leanne at 9:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Roast makes great french dip sandwiches and kids love potato pancakes (mix mashed potatoes with raw eggs and then spray pam on the pan and fry them) which are good for breakfast.
Freeze the corn and later on you can make corn chowder.
You could also make baby food out of the corn. Beef is good on sandwhiches, with a little horshradish. I never save gravy...it's just not very good after the first time. Mashedpotatoes can be lots of things, just add stuff like garlic and change them up a bit. You can also use them for a twiced baked potatoe sort of deal without the skins, cheese and chives and sour cream.
Maybe a little late, but I always think it's a fun and tasty treat to make beef bbq sandwhiches with leftover roast... just shred it and add bbq sauce. Yum!!!
So what did you end up doing? Just curious. :D
I figured that question would come. We did french dip sandwiches,But have been gone for the other dinners ever since I asked. I will do something with the leftovers again tomorrow.
Thank you all for your suggestions!
Post a Comment