Well, it's official, Philip is finally walking. Three weeks ago he took a series of four or five steps at a time several times in one day, but then only a step or two every few days. This was all very new to us, seeing as when Levin walked for the first time, he never stopped from that day on. I might add, Levin walked at a couple of months earlier than this.
Philip decided the best time to make this big step to toddlervile was at Grandma and Grandpa German's house, last Tuesday evening. He just took off walking all over their house. Both Grandparents seemed quite proud to be witnessing history.
The next morning, I expected Philip to wake up and take off walking again, but boy was I wrong. Nothing all day long. In fact, he did not do any more walking until Thursday evening when Grandma Ann and Papa were over for dinner. He has not stopped walking since that night, which is a good thing as he could afford to loose a few rolls of chub.
Please don't think I'm impatient with his pace in learning to walk. Thirteen and a half months is more normal for children to learn to walk and he has an extra bit of heft to lug around everywhere.
He also likes to think things through before doing them. In this case he decided that toddling with your feet spread wide apart, is a much safer mode of travel. I'm sure he's wondering why everyone else hasn't figured that out yet.
Sorry we don't have pictures yet, but just visualize a bowling pin toddling around while being chased by a 34 pound bowling ball named Levin.
11/19/2008
Look Out!
Posted by Leanne at 8:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh I'm sure Levin isn't being THAT mean! Though I bet it makes him more excited to play with Philip if they can both go the same places. I can't believe they're getting soo big! Crazyness.
Love the analogy! Thanks for the laughs. :)
-Kj.
Post a Comment