CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS �

12/04/2008

Two Boys, Nearly Three Years, and.....

......we only just experienced our first Emergency Room visit. Last night we spent a few hours in the ER with Philip, who had his fingers smashed in our bedroom door. I will not fill you in on too much detail, but will just say that one of his fingers was pretty smashed in two places. I remember the very thing happening to my brother at around this age, and also remembered that my parents had taken him into the doctor. After consulting with my mom and Aunt Carol (a.k.a. nurse Carol), we all headed out the door for the E.R, with the screaming child.

We made a quick stop by Jason's parents to leave off Levin, and then went on our way to the hospital. We went to Allenmore, becasue you never have to wait for as long, which was the case last night. Everything moved along pretty quickly, meaning we were in and out of the hospital in only two hours. They did x-rays to confirm that nothing was broken, and thankfully nothing was. He just has some swelling of the soft tissue and some bruising. I will take pictures when he wakes up.

I must close by sharing a Levinism that came from this whole ordeal. While at Grandma Ann's he was sharing that Philip got his fingers smashed in a door by someone.....maybe daddy, or Levin....or....., which he knew full well was done by him. None the less he felt horrible for his poor brother as it was not done on purpose-this time.

Let's hope it's sometime before we visit the ER again.

1 comments:

Hannah G said...

Poor Philip! So glad it was merely a flesh wound. And now that you've mentioned it, I realize that it's practically a miracle that we haven't been to the ER yet. (Four boys and nearly seven years...Yikes!) God's been so kind!