Yesterday the boys and I packed up and headed off to the grocery store, much to every ones chagrin, in search for cheese, that's it. I hesitated to go, only because it takes longer to load, unload, load, and unload again, than it does to actually shop. Anyways, an hour later we were home with no cheese.
It turns out that there whole computer system had crashed. The boys and I patiently waited for at least half an hour in a line that was growing longer by the minute. The employees at the store came through the line at least twice to hand out cookies to all the customers waiting in line.
When they announced again, over the intercom, that the wait could take another five minutes or longer and we were all welcome to take a seat over in the deli while we waited, the boys and I decided to abandon our cart and head back home. It was lunch time and naps were quickly to follow that.
So, last night I went to a different store location with a longer list, and no children in tow, in hopes of completing my one and only goal for the day. I was successful, but had I come a little sooner that may not have been the case. Shortly after I had begun my shopping mission, I heard over the intercom, that the computer systems were now back up and running. Your kidding, right? It's funny because I almost asked before beginning, to make sure everything was ok, but figured that could not happen twice in one day. What are the odds?
2/05/2009
All I Needed Was Cheese
Posted by Leanne at 8:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Yikes! We had that happen a couple times at Walgreens where the computer system would go down in every store in a general area. Not a great way to keep business going!!!
Post a Comment