CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

11/09/2009

First Attempt


The other night I sat down and made this pouch style baby sling for our next little guy and I to use. I combined a few patterns, and it actually went fairly well. Erika and baby Ezra tried it out for me and it seemed ok. We will see how it fits me once I move my expanding belly from the inside to the outside. The good news is that I have enough fabric to make another sling if this one ends up being too small.

6 comments:

Kjerste said...

Very cute!

Amy said...

Cute fabric! Let me know if you decide you want me to make you a diaper bag. I'm happy to do it and in the next few weeks would be the time to get the fabric while its all on sale! :)

Evelyn said...

Wait! I thought your were planning to use that ergo whatever thingy. I saw you carrying that fabric around at church last night (or was it yesterday am?) and I meant to ask you about it, but forgot. Ezra sure looks cute and comfy in his sling so I hope it works out for you.

Erika said...

I liked it! The fabric is super cute, and reversable is So nice!

Leanne said...

This is for use before the baby is old enough for the ergo. Poor guy is going to have to like being carried around I am afraid, so I can have my other hands a little more free to attend to the other boys I will have in tow.

Sarah said...

It turned out really well! Great job :)

Another great option is a moby wrap- we love ours, though it does take a little bit of practice to master the technique of wrapping it around your body. Liam absolutely loves it though. He still isn't quite ready for our ergo yet- he didn't do so well the one time we used it so far!