Over the past two months, Philip and I have been working together on potty training, and tonight, Philip finally earned his last sticker for his chart. Those of you who encouraged me along the way, thank you. This was no walk in the park, but then again potty training rarely is. Honestly, I was ready to give up before I started. I was sure we were going to be on this journey for the next year, at least, but thank goodness we will not be.
Instead of handing out candy after each success, we do a sticker chart. Once the sticker chart is filled up, a bigger (within reason) reward is given. In Levin's case, he knew long before we began, what he would want. That being, a weed eater. Philip never came up with what he might like, so mommy got to decide. Conveniently enough, the item had been purchased months ago and stashed away for a future birthday gift or something. What can I say, I love finding good deals.
Philip was pretty excited. In fact, for the past few weeks, he has been talking about when he would earn his treat, whatever it would be, it would be something he could share with his brothers. And share he has done. What a sweet kid.
Now, if Owen is like his brothers, I have a good 2 1/2 years before I need to begin this whole process again. Phew, I could use a good break.

3 comments:
Way to GO buddy! And way to stick with it Mama! I am NOT looking forward to this time in my life, looks like he got a pretty amazing gift too.
Way to stick with it!! And what a welcome break for you!
Yeah Phillip!! It is such a great milestone
Post a Comment