I did not realize that Hello Cupcake carried the same/similar cupcake wrappers as what I bought. I bought mine a few months ago at The Paper Zone. And, yes, Jason made the cupcake stand. It was made for Rhodri and Tori's wedding, but it has gotten a lot of use since then. The stand actually has four levels to it, so if you ever need to borrow it, you are welcome to it. I used it this past weekend and put a light pink ribbon with little white polka dots on it all around the edges of each layer. It was so cute.
Did he make it out of pieces of molding or something that you can buy pre-cut or did he do all that by hand with a jig-saw? I love how you can change the look with ribbon!
Material is MDF. I used a router with a circle cutting jig, dado blades on the table saw, the band saw, spindle sander, and the disk sander.
So no, its not your standard craft store stuff. If you really want one, let me know. I expect just borrowing ours will be the best bet. The likelihood of needing two of these in the same county at the same time, seems rather small to me.
Oh goodness. You make me look like such a dud of a mom! Our one-year birthday parties consist of our immediate family eating whatever kind of (sloppily frosted) cake I feel like making-a slice of which goes to the birthday boy. We sing, snap a few pictures of the sticky mess, open a few presents, and call it a success. That's it. You obviously know how to throw a real party! :)
5 comments:
Beautiful cake! So cute! I've always loved those cupcake picks and wrappers, too!
Did Jason make your cake tower? Add that to the list of Jason-Mades that I'm covetting!
I did not realize that Hello Cupcake carried the same/similar cupcake wrappers as what I bought. I bought mine a few months ago at The Paper Zone. And, yes, Jason made the cupcake stand. It was made for Rhodri and Tori's wedding, but it has gotten a lot of use since then. The stand actually has four levels to it, so if you ever need to borrow it, you are welcome to it. I used it this past weekend and put a light pink ribbon with little white polka dots on it all around the edges of each layer. It was so cute.
Did he make it out of pieces of molding or something that you can buy pre-cut or did he do all that by hand with a jig-saw? I love how you can change the look with ribbon!
Hope you are enjoying the sun!
Jason here,
Material is MDF. I used a router with a circle cutting jig, dado blades on the table saw, the band saw, spindle sander, and the disk sander.
So no, its not your standard craft store stuff. If you really want one, let me know. I expect just borrowing ours will be the best bet. The likelihood of needing two of these in the same county at the same time, seems rather small to me.
-Jason
Oh goodness. You make me look like such a dud of a mom! Our one-year birthday parties consist of our immediate family eating whatever kind of (sloppily frosted) cake I feel like making-a slice of which goes to the birthday boy. We sing, snap a few pictures of the sticky mess, open a few presents, and call it a success. That's it. You obviously know how to throw a real party! :)
Post a Comment