

We have been keeping very busy this past week, trying to pass the time while Jason has been out of town.
Yesterday, we made sugar cookies and painted them. This is something I did as a kid, and thought my boys might really enjoy, since they love to paint. We went a little heavier on the dye then was necessary, oops, but it worked fine. The boys enjoyed the project. I think it would be fun to paint leaf cutouts, once fall is here. What do you think?
The recipe for the paint is simple. Just mix 1 egg yoke with 1/4 tsp. of water and then add the color of choice to the mixture. We divided the egg mixture into four bowls, before adding the coloring, so we could have a few different colors to paint with. If the paint gets too think, just add more water, to thin it down a bit. Use your favorite sugar cookies recipe, and paint away. Bake the cookies, after you have painted on them. See what your kiddos think. No need for frosting and fancy sprinkles.
3 comments:
Looks like a fun snack!! I think painting leaf cutouts is a great idea. I know that KayLynn would love it.
These look great! Let me guess, did Philip choose the red and Levin choose green? I seem to recall this was more mess than I thought it was worth. How many times did we do these?
This is such a cute idea! I'm stowing this away in the rainy-day activities file. :)
Post a Comment