Friday, we took a family day and headed down south, to Portland. Jason was planning to go down anyways, to a store down there, so I invited the boys and I to tag along. He was glad to have the company. We made a day out of the trip, and had a great time. The weather was perfect, no rain at all.
Jason dropped Levin, Philip, and I off at the Children's Museum, while he and Owen went into town to make his purchases. Really, I think Jason wanted me to not be with him, so he would not be told no on how much he could buy. He was upgrading his home theater speakers, in case you were wondering. And yes, he did ask. I still don't understand the whole sound thing, but apparently it sounds better then before. I mostly took pictures of our time in the museum, but there are a few more to share.
Excited to go in and play!
Philip was happy to watch Levin dig here. That's my timid Philip. Not sure what's not to love about a giant pit filled with rubber dirt.

Making sure the Alligator becomes a super brusher like Levin was last month at our Dentist.
We even did a little grocery shopping.
The boys and I were finishing up our time at the museum, just about the same time Jason and Owen made it back to the museum. We met up at the car, and packed the stroller with all that we would need for the rest of the day, and headed towards the train station, for a ride into downtown.
Not on this train. This train sits outside the World Forestry Center, and was simply fun to climb up in and see.
We caught the train, underground, in a tunnel, and both Levin and Philip were a little unsure of how noisy it would be, so they sat with their ears covered. Jason got a little scared too!
The train ride turned out to be fun for the boys, as did the rest of the day. We spent the afternoon in downtown, mostly just window shopping. We did make a stop in at Powell's Books, and then of course Finnegan's Toys. Who doesn't enjoy wandering through a big toy store? We walked till we could walk no more and then headed home, just in time for bed. What a fun town, and a fun way to spend a nice fall day as a family.

3 comments:
Sounds like a great trip! :)
Sounds like a great memory
Never heard of Finnigan's Toys... and we go down to Portland a lot. Will have to check it out next time we make a pilgrimage...
Post a Comment