I am sure you are all familiar with the story, Alexander and the Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, in which nothing seems to go the way that Alexander had wished for them to go. My day is playing out in a similar way it seems, but not quite to the extreme as Alexanders.
Lately, I have been trying to make a point of getting up earlier in the morning so as to allow for my own quiet time, as well as to get a start on the day before the rest of the house awakes.
This morning started off a bit rough with Philip waking up at 6:00am, but he was easily put back to sleep, and I was able to get up and get going on my day. With the laundry half folded and breakfast going, I was joined by the elder of the two munchkins. No big deal, but then the littler of the two soon wanted to be a part of the morning routine. So much for a quiet and productive morning.
After breakfast was mostly cleared away, and we were all ready for the day, the boys and I loaded up for a quick run to the grocery store for a few items. Well, upon arriving at the store I realized that my wallet had not come along with us, which meant putting the boys and the stroller all back in the car for a quick run home.
Also, I might add that I had decided that today might be a nice day to buy a coffee (i.e. treat), since I had not had any yet, but that plan was not to be since they had no water to make the coffee with (minor details). Guess I will stick with making it myself.
Here I sit, laundry still half folded, a dishwasher waits to be emptied, and the house needs to be cleaned in preparations for company later this evening.
I share all this to say, why have I not learned yet, that setting high expectations when children are involved is never a good idea for anyone.
Suppose I best move on and see what things I can get done with what time I have.
9/05/2008
High Expectations Suddenly Crumble Away
Posted by Leanne at 10:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
((hugs)) - at least you got some pampers points this morning. LOL
I don't know that children are to blame, not that they aren't, but I find that it happens to me too, and I don't have kids.
So, you should feel better that it even happens to us childless folk. ;)
You poor thing! I hope you discovered you were wallet-less before you made it all the way to the cash register! That has happened to me at least once. So embarrassing! Have fun tonight!
Post a Comment