CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS �

9/12/2009

Black Car, Silver Car...Old Car, New Car




This past week we made a big step as a family, in upgrading from our compact sedan to a mini van. This has been especially hard for me, since yes, I have been very fond of my little Black Jetta. I only dreamed about owning one, since the sixth grade, so who can blame me, right?

Sadly though, a our Jetta would now allow for a third car seat to fit in the back, which we will need to add this coming March. We have actually been watching prices etc. on vans for a good six months, since we really have outgrown our car with only two kids. And, the kids are literally outgrowing the car too. I cannot name the numerous times that Levin has lost a shoe in the car due to it getting wedged between his car seat and the front seat. Needless to say he is ecstatic about the new wheels and all the space it affords.

We will eventually be selling my Jetta off to my brother, but in the mean time, we get to hold on to it, which means I get to still drive it when opportunity allows. I spent this past Saturday giving it a makeover, and my, I am not sure it has looked this clean since I bought it 5 1/2 years ago.

Lest, I sound unexcited about the new car, I actually am. Just give me a little time to get used to it and all that it has to offer for out family. But, please, don't ask me to parallel park just yet.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

haha, I don't think I've ever had to parallel park in my sienna. I avoid that at all costs :) You're going to love your van though. Yay for minivans!!!

Erika said...

I don't know, I can't wait until I get one. I hate having to bend over with the little (yet heavy) carseat and get it into the Honda.
It looks great though!!

jbhinman said...

I love it and you will too!!