I was at the doctor today, and was given a good report. For those who may not have heard, I was having an increased number of headaches preceded by blurred vision. This of course can be a symptom of preeclampsia, which is never good, so they took blood last week to check and see if I did indeed have preeclampsia. The test came back negative, as did my strep B test. So, as things stand now, I am still able to plan and give birth at The Birthing Inn-Yeah! I am registered there, so now we wait until the moment arrives. My only concern now, will be that I make it to the Birthing Inn in enough time. My labors have gone faster each time, which I am fine with, but last time we made it just ten minutes before Philip was born-Yikes! Yes, I have been "lectured" by my midwives from the beginning of this pregnancy, about coming in earlier, so we will see what happens.
2/24/2010
Pregnancy Update
We hope that in a few weeks we have news of a new little Van Gilder boy to share with you all. Until then I will stick to keeping up on the house, laundry, and children.
*Edit* I should add that the headaches have gone away.... at least for now.
Posted by Leanne at 1:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Praise God!! Glad to hear everything was "normal". :)
Yay! So glad to hear you're doing better.
So, if you have Strep B, you can't give birth at the Birthing Inn? Just curious, because I was told it's pretty common (about 50/50 chance of having it), and I tested positive for it with Liam.
No, you can still give birth at the Birthing Inn if you test positive for Step B, but I was guessing I would have to go to the hospital if I had the preeclampsia. Not against hospitals, but I do like the freedom I have at the Birth Center and going home 3 or 4 hours after the birth. Of course, there is always the chance of being transferred in labor to the hospital.
That's great! Yeah, I was glad to not have Strep B because then you have to have the IV...yuck. It's nice at the birthing inn to have the freedom without being attached to anything, letting your body do it's job. I hope you make it in time for the tub and everything!
So glad the headaches have gone away - that can be horrid
I get migraines too, so I sympathize with you--so glad they're gone for now!!
Post a Comment