Legos have yet to become a daily activity in our house, but today I complied when Levin brought out his little building set geared for ages 4 and up. Philip wanted to get in on the activity too, and so he eagerly jumped in to help build. I was impressed with what he came out with. Maybe I was more impressed by watching him create his structures. He gazed over the pile of pieces, looking for just the right piece, almost as if he knew what he was looking for. Maybe Philip is going to be the boy to take after his fathers love of engineering, beginning now, at age two.
2/25/2010
Recommended For Ages 4+
Posted by Leanne at 10:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That seems to be Kenji's bent too. If he disappears, I know he's gone upstairs to play duplos. I always find him there, and he plays quite nicely with himself, carefully trying to put pieces together.
Do you ever wish that you could have a live video feed into your kids heads when they are engrossed in playing? Even when little they seem so bent on a particular purpose and you wonder what exactly a 1/2/3/4 year old could know to be looking for/doing at this age!
We LOVE Legos! I can't imagine raising boys without them. Hardly a day goes by when we don't have Legos underfoot (ouch!). My parents kept our childhood Lego collection, and now that's the toy of choice for the grandkids whenever we're at their house. Whoever invented those little plastic blocks deserves the Nobel Peace Prize. Seriously.
Hey, that's pretty good for a 2yr old! The pieces are tiny and they're often hard to press together--you know, lining up the dots, etc? I like the steering wheel.
Post a Comment