CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS �

4/14/2010

Spring Comfort Food

In my wanderings about the blogosphere, the other day, I came across a food blog with the following recipe, a recipe for Spring Chicken Pot Pie. I gave it a try tonight, and thought it was worth passing along.

A few things I did differently were that I did not include the leaks, and used frozen peas, rather than fresh. Also, I used chicken breasts instead of the called for thigh meat. Since my large souffle dish is currently in the freezer with a previously prepared dinner, I used my individual ramekins instead.

This meal turned into an all day effort for me, and was prepared in between, feedings, naps (yes, for me too), playing trains and tending to a baby that likes to be held more then left alone. Though, it seems that anything at this point is an all day affair. Just when I was about to throw cooking dinners out the window, I tried this, and am so glad I did. I am inspired once again to cook, even if it does take all day to make.

And hey, I even documented my progress as I went along, mostly just for fun. Who said cooking could not be fun?











5 comments:

Ann said...

Yum! Looks like work, but you have at least a couple meals, right?

Dana said...

Looks great!! You have so many ramekins!! :)

LeFebvre Momma said...

That looks amazing. I too love cooking. You inspire me!!

Evelyn said...

Yummo! I think I need some ramikens. Remind me to put them on my Christmas list :)

Hilary said...

I can almost smell it. I'm so going to have to try this one!