This past weekend we dusted off the shorts from last summer and today we are back to needing our umbrellas. Though the weather this Saturday was a bit too hot for my liking, we were still outside most of the day, working in the yard. I did my best to follow the shade wherever it went, but still came out with a sunburn on my shoulders.
Jason was able to get lot's done. He cut up the wood from a cedar tree that we lost two winters ago, and cut down a tree in the front walk that had died. We both leveled out some more of the yard back by our pear trees, and I did some weeding.
Yesterday the weather was in the 70's, but overcast. I was able to get back out in the yard, and actually spent three hours, all in one spot. Here are some pictures from before and after of the flower bed that I spent quite a bit of time on. It sure feels good to finish something and know that you did a thorough job. The before picture was actually taken last May, but it still looked the same this year. I could only find a picture with kiddos in it, sorry. (Can't believe how much more of a little boy, Levin is becoming)
I hope the rain goes away soon, before I loose my motivation to be out in the yard. Though the rain has given me a chance to give the inside of my house a little love, I would still rather be in my yard.
5/20/2008
From shorts to umbrellas
Posted by Leanne at 2:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow! It looks so nice. Did you take out those evergreens, or just cut them way back!
And you are certainly right about Levin. He is a toddler in that photo and looks like a little boy this year!
Good job on both counts!
We're coming home soon. I'm getting really excited. I'm liking your yard! It's so cozy and personal, and yet still in the city. Your plot is great, and it looks fabulous with what you've done! Good work.
It looks like you did a lot, good job!!
Post a Comment