CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

5/12/2008

One Spoiled Mama

Have you ever heard the phrase, "Mother's Day Weekend" and "Father's Day Half hour"? Well, my Mother's Day definitely spread over more than one day this year. Allow me to share.

It all began Saturday morning when Jason, allowed me to sleep in (till 7:30), while he and Levin made thin pancakes. What a treat, both to be able to sleep in and to not have to make breakfast. Once we had finished breakfast we headed off to Macy's, where they were having a huge sale. I have wanted new pillows for awhile, and so that is where we headed. I got two new pillows, and my are they nice. But, Jason did not stop there with the gifts, nope. He also helped me pick out another 2qt. sauce pan, since the one that I have seems to always be in use, multiple times a day. I also got a medium size, coated fry pan. It's always hard to know which dish to serve cold, when I am making breakfast, so now that will not be an issue. Thanks, honey!

After we got home it was time to get the house ready for all of Jason's family to come over for a Mother's Day lunch. Everyone was able to make it, which is always more fun. We enjoyed a great meal, and time of visiting together. The rest of Saturday was spent getting ready for various activities of the day to come.

My mother's day gift from Philip, was to spend much of Saturday night and Sunday morning, awake, listening to him cry. I tried everything I could think of to do, but at 1:00am, who can really think, nor wants to. I am still not 100% sure what his deal was, but he was fine by the morning. Maybe he was jealous about the new pillows?

Mother's Day itself, was pretty nice and relaxing. We went to church and then to my parents to spend the day with them and my dads family. Although my grandma was not able to come, at the last minute, we still had a great time. It was a nice small group, which is always more restful. And, of course we ate too much, but that's what family gatherings are all about?

Well, since I am still trying to recover from the lack of sleep I got the other night, I think I will go try out my new pillows for a bit. Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!

1 comments:

LeFebvre Momma said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful set of men in your life!