Well, we made it back from our little getaway up to Seattle. What a great time. It was so nice to have no agenda involving children.
Friday afternoon and evening we spent time walking around Pacific Place, shopping. We even unintentionally met up with some friends, which was a fun little surprise. For dinner we stopped in at the Cheesecake Factory, and somehow I managed to squeeze in some room for pumpkin cheesecake.
Saturday we walked all the way down to Pike Place Market, which was fun because it had been so long since I was there last. What else does one do when they go to Seattle? After wandering around for a few hours, we headed back to our hotel, where we stopped in for one last visit into the grocery store located below our hotel. I know, your thinking, "a grocery store..woo hoo", but this grocery store was pretty amazing. It was stocked with every kind of food for every kind of person, and housed several different mini cafes each serving different styles of food. We picked up a few groceries and then headed for home.
Of course the boys had a great time with Grandma Ann and Papa, but I am sure the grandparents were happy to give them back.
10/20/2008
Night Away
Posted by Leanne at 10:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So fun! I love the picture of you in front of "Public Market" you look so pretty!! And Jason by those statue things. (Gotta love that camera!)
Thanks for the fun pics!
I cracked up when I saw Jason with the statues! Thank you for that! :D Oh, and I think my eyes actually watered when the picture of all the spicy peppers came up. Erika is right, the pike's place pic of you is beautiful!
Glad you enjoyed your time away!
I should have added that that grocery store seriously is the most awesome store I have ever been to, and when we stayed there, we went down to it three times! :)
I'm so glad you had a fun time! And, of course, we loved having the boys with us. It reminds us of why children are given to the young! Seriously, though, they were so good. They are always welcome to come for a visit, however long or short!
Post a Comment