.....the number one best autumn breakfast treat. I say treat, because they truly are wonderful. I am of course referring to the Pumpkin Pancakes referenced to in a previous post. Because I have had many people inquire about this recipe, I have decided to include it for all of you to enjoy.
PUMPKIN PANCAKES
2 cups flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. salt
1 3/4 cup milk
1 cup pumpkin (canned or fresh)
2 eggs
2/3 cup oil
1 tsp. vanilla
Whisk the dry ingredients together. Beat the wet stuff by hand and mix into the dry mixture. Some good toppings may include: sweetened sour cream (sour cream with brown sugar and vanilla), applesauce, soaked raisins, toasted walnuts, sprinkle of nutmeg, and butter with maple syrup.
Enjoy! And don't forget to share how you think this recipe rates.
10/06/2008
Presenting....
Posted by Leanne at 1:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I will have to try these for Max, he loves pan cakes!! Thanks for the recipe. I will let you know what he thinks.
We will have to try those!!!
This is simular to one we make and love. I want to try the sour cream topping-yummy. I think I will try this one too.-Have you ever made them as waffles?
Never tried this recipe for waffles.
These are now a family favorite! Thanks so much for sharing!
I wrote down the ingredients and we'll be trying it this weekend. Thanks!!
Thank you!
;)
Post a Comment