Nothing but a whole lot of sickness has been going on around here these past days, and weeks, as it seems.
If you recall, several of us were sick two weeks ago with a nasty stomach bug that had been making its way through church. We recovered from that, only to catch the next strain of flu coming around.
I came down with the high fever part during the night Thursday, which put me in bed for Friday and most of Saturday. I was not sure I would make it to church in the morning, but this was all confirmed with a sleepless night Saturday. I moved between the couch and bed all night trying to sleep away a bad stomach ache.
Finally, I woke Jason up, at 4:30am to complain. This resulted in making our way to the ER, where we would spent the next 6 hours of our Sabbath. The diagnosis...a burst ovarian cyst.
Thanks to the grandparents, I spent the rest of Sunday, Monday and Tuesday sleeping, while they took care of the boys for me. Though, I am not sure I will ever feel rested again. I think I am slowly getting back to normal, and hopefully soon will have something more interesting to write about.
3/25/2009
Sick, Sick, Sick
Posted by Leanne at 8:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Well we prayed for you! I hope that you're feeling better soon enough, and that you can get back into the groove of life. I'm just glad it wasn't something worse!!
my goodness, that sounds AWFUL! I'm so sorry you had to wait for so long to get in and out, and that it was such a painful ordeal. get well soon.
Glad to hear you're on the up-swing. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!
Uh, that's awful :( I hope you all feel better soon.
We haven't caught the flu bug, but I feel like I'm on round #2 of this really bad cold (or maybe it's RSV, who knows...). Sammy has had it really bad and the past two nights he's had nonstop coughing spells unless he's laying flat on his back. I feel like we all caught the plague :(
I am sorry to hear about your ordeal!! Call me if you need anything!!
Sounds like a very unpleasant ordeal. Are you feeling well again?
Leanne--we were so sorry to hear about this! Hope you're on the mend!
Post a Comment