Before we hit the new year, I thought I better share a brief post on our Christmas. We did things a little differently this year, which made for the most relaxing Christmas we have shared since marriage. Though we were sad to not be able to make it to all of our usual stops, I think we were a happier family for it.....if you know what I mean.
Christmas Eve we spent with Jason's family, and though brief, was very fun. The kids did great, and each were so fun to watch. The next day was spent with my family, which was also very laid back. By only making two stops, the boys were able to actually spend time enjoying their news toys, rather then being tossed about, in and out of the car.
Both boys were so fun to watch this year, each with their own way of showing excitement and gratitude. Levin asked me the other day if we were going to have another Christmas, and when I said yes, but not till next year, he shouted out, "YEAH", and beamed a huge grin.
One last story to share, before closing this post. I must preface it, by saying that we have not taught our boys to believe in Santa, but have also not forbidden the knowledge of the jolly fellow either.
A few days before Christmas, Levin informed me that we could not have a fire in our fireplace on Christmas. I did not inquire as to why, but knew just what his little mind was putting together. So, then this week he told me that it would be alright for us to have a fire again. Funny what goes on inside a three year olds mind sometimes.
12/30/2009
Christmas 2009
Posted by Leanne at 9:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That sounds great - we are still working on the "perfect Christmas routine".
Hum, maybe Levin was remembering that there was a burn ban in effect in Pierce country right around Christmastime due to the stagnant air concerns ;o)
Post a Comment