CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

1/14/2011

Latest Projects

After finishing the baby booties, pictured in my last entry, I got going on a hat for myself. This was my first project involving cables, which was fun. Most of what I have made, since beginning to knit a year ago,has been for other people, so it's kinda fun to be able to enjoy something that I actually made. I know this is not a great picture, but I had a really hard time trying to capture a clear picture of myself wearing the hat. This is the best I could do.


I had set a goal of finishing up all the projects I have begun, but then I found this fun hat pattern in a book I received for Christmas and had to try it. A friend of mine just had a little girl, so it was the perfect excuse to try the pattern. Well, we will see if I ever get the hat done. I did make it through the hardest part of the pattern, the lace, but this little hat is knit on size 2 needles and made with fingering weight yarn. Eek! I am thinking its a good thing I am making the largest size hat, since this may turn into a first birthday gift instead. Here is the current state of the little hat. Kinda fun, just tiny. Kinda wondering if I will be able to part with this project once it gets finished up. Not that I have any use for anything pink around here, but still.




9 comments:

Kjerste said...

Darling! Way to go, Leanne! Cant wait to see them both. craft night is next week! Hope to see you there!

Ann said...

The hat is looking GREAT! Nice job on the lace. You can do it!

Dana said...

Your hat looks great and the pink soon to be hat looks so dainty and feminine!! :)

Erika said...

Love! Wow, now I feel like I need to finish everything in my bag.

Amy said...

Cute! The hat looks great! I may have to talk to you about the baby hat - I tried that pattern once and could NOT figure out the lace. You might have to show me how you did it. It look awesome!

Leanne said...

Well, Amy. I had to ask your mom for some help understanding one of the rows in the lace part, but it was actually not too bad. Just slow with all the yo and K2tg's. Based on all the other things you have made, I am pretty sure you could handle this pattern. If I can then you certainly could. Just don't try yet, because I need to have a bigger head start. ; )

Anonymous said...

Love the lacy look

Anonymous said...

Love the hat!

LeFebvre Momma said...

I am so amazed with all of you talented people!