CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS �

5/11/2009

I did it!

Having been inspired by this post, I set out today to see what this bread was all about. And this is what I came out with.

I should mention that Jason gave me the recipe book for Mother's Day, having read about it in the previously mentioned post. Nope, I did not even hint at the thought of wanting this book.

I can see how this simple, but tasty recipe could become a dangerous habit quickly.

For those of you who may be intimidated by the thought of making bread at home, this recipe truly is quick and simple, and oh so very tasty. Can't wait to try the other recipes in this book.








9 comments:

Ann said...

Wow, that looks fabulous! Just like the photo on the cover!

jbhinman said...

Looks good!

Erika said...

Man, now I GOT to try it. Maybe I'll sqush it in after I cram through my closet today. Especially if it really only takes a few minutes. ;)

Dana said...

Nice!! good pics too!!

Hannah G said...

That is one beautiful loaf of bread. I've got the recipe printed out, now off to the kitchen!

Kjerste said...

Congratulations! You've joined the club! I'm still using my loaner copy, but I'm hoping to get the book perhaps next month. :) Derek wants to plug in the beverage fridge so that we can devote it entirely to different dough's! We just can't get enough of it here. Supposedly it gets more of a sourdough taste if you hang onto it for 14 days before using it, but we're always through a batch in just a few days. Derek's theory is that we need to make several batches so that they can be aging for us, and then we'll just keep the rotation going. I guess I'd rather use the space to keep several different kinds of dough. We'll see how long the obsession lasts!

sharika roland said...

what is the book?????

Leanne said...

The book is called Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois.

Evelyn said...

As Rachael Ray would say, Yummo!