This past weekend we planted a new tree to replace a tree we lost to a disease some time back. I have always loved burch trees, with their peeling bark, so that is what we planted. I have also always been drawn to homes that have big "shade" trees in the front as you approach the front door. Most likely I will never get to see this tree become as big and grand as I love, but at least I will always know what it may someday look like.
The boys had a grand time helping daddy prepare the hole for the tree. What is is with boys and dirt, anyways?
Philip ended the night with skinned up elbows, which he cried about until the threat of going inside for a bath was suggested. Amazing how tough kids can be if it means staying outside longer and avoiding a bath, or at least prolonging the time till a bath.
Saturday morning the boys were back out in the dirt, helping to load and spread compost around the new tree and other flower beds. It sure is nice that they are still so willing and excited about helping.
5/14/2009
Speaking of Pretty Trees and Things
Posted by Leanne at 1:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
His elbows look so painful...good thing he is tough!
Post a Comment