CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

2/27/2008

That's It !

It seems that lately Levin has been back in a phase of not sleeping very well-Hopefully this is truly a phase. I still make him take naps, which works most days, but then he seems to not sleep at night. On the days that he does not nap he still has quiet time in his room for my sanity. Without naps we have very long days, but bedtime usually goes better. This past week I think he has been up every night, not always crying, but just wanting to be up to play and have oatmeal time (we have oatmeal every morning for breakfast). It used to be so simple when he was in a crib, because if he woke up he stayed in bed and that was that. I worry a bit with him up and about all over the house in the dark while we're sleeping. About a month ago while he was up in the night he ate the rest of his teething tablets, which I thought were safe up high, but not when the child climbs!

Last night around 5:00am the baby was up crying, so I went to get him settled again and noticed that Levin's door was open. I saw no sign of him anywhere in the house, but quickly found him fast asleep barely on the big bed that is in his room. Goodness knows how long he had been up. I went downstairs and climbed into bed only to hear Levin up, but I opted to let him be. He finally came down to our room at 6:00, which is an alright time.

This afternoon I put Levin down for his nap with little effort, but he woke up after maybe 45 minutes at the most. Needless to say I was a bit surprised, but there was no way he was even going to go back to sleep. So much for mommies restful/productive afternoon. It's now just after 8:00 pm and the child is still awake, but since daddy is gone tonight he is in his room. I am at a loss as to what to do. Why can't he just sleep like his brother? What happened to these days?



3 comments:

Hinman said...

Those days are over!! My suggestion (I'm not sure I could do it) is to find a way to lock him in his room. I know a lot of people who do this and it works. I would be nervous of fire hazard or something.

Sarah said...

Ok, I actually did lock the boys in their room for a while... and I honestly feel it was safer than not locking them in. When Patrick was younger, he would get into everything if we weren't watching, and I found that to be very dangerous! I figured that in the case of a fire, locked or not, I'd go straight to their room anyways, so why not... We turned the door knob lock around, but I've seen other people use a baby gate on the door. However, for us those days of locking them in is over. Now that Patrick is almost completely potty trained (YAY!!!), I'm keeping it open in case he has to go at night. The good news is that he's not quite the dangerous threat that he was a year ago.

Nicole Lewin said...

Yah, we use those door knob twisty things that allows momma to get in the room, but so far James hasn't figured them out. I had the problem of him barging into the babies room during nap, so I put them on either side of the door. They were from Aunt Heather Kvale : )