CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

4/08/2008

Look Out!!!!

As of last Friday, Philip, discovered that he can get to what he wants by pushing himself forward. I would not consider it a crawl or even a really a scoot, but he definently gets around. He does not get too far very quickly, but I am sure it will only be a matter of time before he has it all figured out. It seems that I am the only person not encouraging this knew found freedom, wonder why?

Don't get me wrong, it is good to know that he is developing normally and doing the things that a baby should do, but it would be fine if he waited a few months to begin moving. I should be very thankful that he is not as quick as his older brother, who crawled right at six months and began to pull up on furniture by seven months. Yes, Levin has been a busy boy from the get go.

Speaking of Levin, I must share one of our latest Levin stories. We recently checked out an old classic, "Make Way For Ducklings" by Robert McCloskey from the library. I am not sure a day went by without reading the story at least once. Needless to say, we all began to have the book memorized, even Levin. Those of you who are familar with this story may enjoy this, and those who are not will want to be.

One day while Levin and I were out working in the yard I heard him quoting from the book. It went something like this: " Malard looking place to live.......every time malard found place...it was no good......Look out said malard..no place for children...." I suppose I should not have been so surprised at how much he remembered from the book, but I was.

Both boys are at such fun ages!

1 comments:

Kjerste said...

I absolutely love Levin stories! They always brighten my day.

When I first found out I was pregnant with Kaiya last spring, Derek bought me a hard cover copy of "Make Way For Ducklings". It has always been one of my favorites. Right now it is proudly displayed on a shelf in Kaiya's playroom. :)