CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

4/09/2008

Peas? Not so much.


We started Philip on solids a few weeks ago, and so far he has enjoyed them; that is, until last night. Of course all he had had up to this point was rice cereal, oatmeal, cheerios, and puffs. Since it seemed like Philip was getting the hang of eating with a spoon, I thought it might be fun to change things up a bit by introducing something new, peas none the less. Yes, I know peas have a rather strong taste, and I myself do not care for them, but it was Levin's first food, so I had to keep with the pattern. It quickly became apparent that peas were not going to be a favorite for Philip. Hmm...that makes two of us. I mixed mostly rice cereal with a small amount of peas, and he still did not care for them He eventually caught on and quit taking any bites at all. Well, we will try again another day, but we sure had fun watching his expressions as he ate his first peas.

5 comments:

Kjerste said...

Priceless!

Amy said...

Oh my goodness - that is the best picture ever! Good boy for not liking your peas!!!! :)

Hinman said...

That picture is quite funny!!! Noah loves his peas. We can't do much fruit yet becasue of allergies so he has eaten a lot of veggies!

Sarah said...

Sammy had that same reaction when we first gave him fruit puffs. I think I have pictures from that on my blog somewhere. I just couldn't help giving him more even though he hated them because his expressions were so funny!

I don't like peas, either, so I don't blame him!

Dana said...

That face is great!