CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

10/13/2009

Someday They Will Enjoy It



Now that the cold weather and rain has come, I am forced to get more creative with how we spend our days indoors. An area that I do not feel is a strong point, but with two boys I hope to improve. Today, after some time spent coloring I remembered an old craft I had seen done many times during this time of year. Here is my attempt. Oh ya, did I neglect to mention that art is not my string point?

So, there you have it, an art project that the boys mostly watched me do. Levin did feel that cutting his paper would be easier for him than ripping, so that was his contribution to his picture.

Do any of you have good craft ideas for young children? I am always looking for new projects to do with my two and three year old boys. Just keep in mind that I really am not very artistic at all.

3 comments:

Evelyn said...

What do you mean you're not craft- oriented? These look great! And eventhough you did most of the work the boys must be proud of their pictures. When you're over tomorrow you can borrow the kiddy craft books I have.

Amy said...

That looks awesome! Here is a great website with LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of ideas. I've been using a lot of them for homeschooling this year. http://www.artistshelpingchildren.org/autumnfallartscraftideaskids.html This is just the site for the fall crafts, but there are links on the main site for other crafts too. We just did leaves that use contact paper, torn (or cut) tissue paper and colored construction paper. Cut the contact paper in the shape of leaves and cut the construction paper in the outline of a leaf. Then put the tissue paper on the contact paper and put the outline over the top. Cute leaves for the windows and super easy!

Kjerste said...

You and I are totally on the same wave length today. I just sent Erika and e-mail not ten seconds ago about a tree project I want to do! :)