CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

10/05/2009

Visit to Aunt Heather's and the Yakima Indian Reservation

This last weekend we drove over to Yakima, where we visited Heather and toured the reservation where she works. I had never been on the reservation before, and so it was nice to be able to put all that we hear about into a bit of perspective. Though we did not interact with any of the tribal people, we were given a sense of what their lives might be like, as we drove past some of their homes and saw where they hold many of their traditional gatherings.

Even though our trip was short, we still had a great time. Thanks Aunt Heather for showing us around to all the many places you love and serve.


3 comments:

Evelyn said...

Great pics. I like the one with you and the boys and Heather with the pumpkins. Sorry, the garbage toter one was okay too, but....

Erika said...

Loved the matching outfits!

Dana said...

Nice pics, I didn't really expect the long house to be well long. :) Wesley just got the blue and green stripe sweater too. See you tonight hopefully.